At the MUR
Agenda for meeting on Wednesday, 10/23/2019
Konstella: How to remove yourself from your old school:
For children changing schools who have not been removed directly by the former school's Konstella administrators, here is how you can remove yourself.
Sign in to the webpage using a desktop/laptop.
1) Click your name on the upper left-hand menu, revealing a sub-menu.
2) Select "Your Roles" page. This will open the page to Your School & Classroom Roles. You will see a list of your schools and classrooms here.
3) Remove yourself from your old school (click Remove).
How to make the most of Back to School Night:
During Back to School Night, teachers will present a lot of information regarding the class like weekly routines, policies, curriculum, and contact information. It’s a time for all the parents to get to know what the class experience will be like for the year. Therefore, please use the question-and-answer period on questions that benefit all the parents and schedule a meeting with the teacher if you wish to speak about topics that are specific to your child.
Some sample questions to ask:
- What are alternative ways you present curriculum?
- When is PE day, and what are appropriate clothes for that day?
- What is your measurement of a student’s success?
- How can parents help when their child is struggling with school?
- What is your policy for birthdays, holidays, and celebrations?
- How much time should students be spending on homework each night?
- How long should students be reading each night?
- What resources are available to students who are not meeting standards?
Benefits of attending Back to School Night:
- Meet your child’s teacher in person. This goes a long way to forming a parent-school relationship that benefits your child.
- See the classroom. Get a feel for your child’s educational environment. Get a glimpse of past and future projects.
- See the campus. You’ll know what your child is talking about when they mention the MUR. You’ll feel more comfortable going into the office.
- Meet other parents. Plug into the network humming with the inside scoop on free family events and deals around town.
The PTA has been very busy this month! Check out our upcoming events for community building, fun, and so much more!
- Monday, Oct 14th – Read-A-Thon Kicks Off! Set up your child’s page this weekend and they get extra recess! No computer at home… no worries! We will be having times in the library before and after school to help get our students started. Look out for more information.
- Thursday, Oct 17th – Dine out at Sweet Tomatoes. Our last dining out night contributed about $350 to the PTA for the school. Head to Sweet Tomatoes from 12:00-9:00pm and skip cooking to contribute with little effort.
- Monday, Oct 21st – Friday, Oct 25th – Read-A-Thon Continues with SPIRIT WEEK and GUEST READERS! There are many special guest readers from the community coming in to read to our students and add to everyone’s minutes read.
- Wednesday, Oct 23rd - Look forward to seeing some of your child’s works of art from Art After School come back with stickers highlighting their work and the chance to order keepsakes featuring the creations!
- Save the Date! Oct 25th MONSTER BASH. Tickets for Dinner on Sale NOW! Click the link for dinner
The PTA at Jose Antonio Vargas Elementary School is very excited to end the first trimester on such a high note with everyone’s contribution of time and donations. We look forward to working together for the rest of the year and building a fantastic experience for our students.