At the MUR
Agenda for meeting on Wednesday, 10/23/2019
Konstella: How to remove yourself from your old school:
For children changing schools who have not been removed directly by the former school's Konstella administrators, here is how you can remove yourself.
Sign in to the webpage using a desktop/laptop.
1) Click your name on the upper left-hand menu, revealing a sub-menu.
2) Select "Your Roles" page. This will open the page to Your School & Classroom Roles. You will see a list of your schools and classrooms here.
3) Remove yourself from your old school (click Remove).
How to make the most of Back to School Night:
During Back to School Night, teachers will present a lot of information regarding the class like weekly routines, policies, curriculum, and contact information. It’s a time for all the parents to get to know what the class experience will be like for the year. Therefore, please use the question-and-answer period on questions that benefit all the parents and schedule a meeting with the teacher if you wish to speak about topics that are specific to your child.
Some sample questions to ask:
- What are alternative ways you present curriculum?
- When is PE day, and what are appropriate clothes for that day?
- What is your measurement of a student’s success?
- How can parents help when their child is struggling with school?
- What is your policy for birthdays, holidays, and celebrations?
- How much time should students be spending on homework each night?
- How long should students be reading each night?
- What resources are available to students who are not meeting standards?
Benefits of attending Back to School Night:
- Meet your child’s teacher in person. This goes a long way to forming a parent-school relationship that benefits your child.
- See the classroom. Get a feel for your child’s educational environment. Get a glimpse of past and future projects.
- See the campus. You’ll know what your child is talking about when they mention the MUR. You’ll feel more comfortable going into the office.
- Meet other parents. Plug into the network humming with the inside scoop on free family events and deals around town.