Jose Antonio Vargas Elementary School's PTA is excited to head into our very first year. Please bookmark this page and check back often!
PTA volunteer hours so far (for 2019-2020): 198 hours
PTA volunteer hours since creation: 889 hours
The PTA has been very busy this month! Check out our upcoming events for community building, fun, and so much more!
- Monday, Oct 14th – Read-A-Thon Kicks Off! Set up your child’s page this weekend and they get extra recess! No computer at home… no worries! We will be having times in the library before and after school to help get our students started. Look out for more information.
- Thursday, Oct 17th – Dine out at Sweet Tomatoes. Our last dining out night contributed about $350 to the PTA for the school. Head to Sweet Tomatoes from 12:00-9:00pm and skip cooking to contribute with little effort.
- Monday, Oct 21st – Friday, Oct 25th – Read-A-Thon Continues with SPIRIT WEEK and GUEST READERS! There are many special guest readers from the community coming in to read to our students and add to everyone’s minutes read.
- Wednesday, Oct 23rd - Look forward to seeing some of your child’s works of art from Art After School come back with stickers highlighting their work and the chance to order keepsakes featuring the creations!
- Save the Date! Oct 25th MONSTER BASH. Tickets for Dinner on Sale NOW! Click the link for dinner
The PTA at Jose Antonio Vargas Elementary School is very excited to end the first trimester on such a high note with everyone’s contribution of time and donations. We look forward to working together for the rest of the year and building a fantastic experience for our students.
Restaurant Night - Sweet Tomatoes
Sweet Tomatoes on Grant is hosting our second DINE FOR VARGAS night! This time you can get lunch or dinner, OR BOTH!
On Thursday, October 17, from 12-8pm, go to Sweet Tomatoes at 1040 Grant Road and you need to show them a paper flyer at checkout.
They'll donate 20% of your purchase to Vargas.
Tell everyone you know to go!
Congratulations Golden Owls! We made it to the school-wide Otter Pop party!
YAY! Every class at our school achieved 80% participation! Also, three classrooms achieved 100% participation. All the kids enjoyed Otter Pops after school on Monday September 30th and got 3 minutes of extra recess to enjoy!
Our goal is still 100% participation. Remember, membership is only $10/person. All are welcome to join the PTA.
Sponsorships are available for those with financial need (contact Beatriz Claas firstname.lastname@example.org or Principal Taylor).
Sign up online at Totem jointotem.com/users/sign_up?show_email_reg=1 or download forms drive.google.com. If you need help filling out your PTA application, contact Sarah Reginaldo for English (email@example.com) or Bea Claas for Spanish (firstname.lastname@example.org).
If you’re already a member, thank you!
Shop through the school's Amazon portal and earn money for Vargas! This link will take you to our Amazon Smile page, which functions like the normal Amazon site, but Amazon donates a percentage to Vargas for every purchase you make: https://smile.amazon.com/ch/90-1257353