All the activities offered by the PTA are organized and run by parent volunteers. We need you, YES YOU, to help with beloved programs like Project Cornerstone, activities like the Book Fair, and behind the scenes with event planning and communications. You have the power to make our school the best learning environment for all our kids.
For one time volunteer positions we will post information on Konstella for needed volunteers! Please make sure you are enrolled and receiving emails in Konstella to make sure you receive this info!
There are a few positions still open! If you are interested in a more scheduled and routine volunteer position, please check here.
Thank you for donating your time to Vargas. The PTA would not be possible without the dedication and time of all the volunteers! The PTA truly adds a memorable experience to the education of our children and enriches the school campus in so many ways!
- Language Liaison - Help the PTA and teachers translate important communications
- General Communication - Help with creating/sending PTA announcements and emails
- Family Events - Organize family events throughout the year. Events such as Monster Bash, Family Movie Nights, and Community Nights
- Room Parent/Classroom Volunteer - Help your child's teacher with various needs in the classroom and at home
- Spirit Wear Sales - Volunteer to sell spirit wear at various events
- Teacher/Staff Appreciation - Help organize staff luncheons etc.
- Volunteer Appreciation - Organize 1-2 events per year to appreciate all of those parents/guardians who have volunteered their time to help our school
- Project Cornerstone - Be a reader for your child's classroom or help assist in training readers. To find out more about the Project Cornerstone Program, please visit www.ymcasv.org/ymca-project-cornerstone
- Ability Awareness Week - Each year the school district plans lessons to help raise awareness and respect in the school for students of all abilities
- Read-A-Thon - Help with the main fundraiser Read-A-Thon
- Dining Out Nights - Help coordinate dining out nights
- Book Fair Sales - Assist with the planning, set-up, or execution of the fair 1-2 times per year
- Square One Art - Organize the art sheets to be sent home, collected, and sent back to the company
- Financial Secretary - Assist the treasurer with various tasks needed such as going to the bank, etc.
- Office help - Make copies or laminate items for teachers so they can spend time teaching and planning
- Lunchtime Supervision - Help the school staff monitor students during lunch time
- General Help as needed - We will always send a volunteer list prior to events, however it would be awesome to also have a list to pull from each time! If you are willing to help (pending availability) at events we need volunteers, please check this box so we can keep you informed when we do need general volunteers!
For PTA members and non-members, please help us by keeping track of your volunteer hours. Use this link to fill out our online form. At the end of each PTA calendar year, we have to file volunteer hours with the state PTA to continue our status as a PTA. We all forget to add hours from time to time, but hopefully using this form and receiving emails from our historian on a regular basis will help!
If you are on campus and sign into the office in the volunteer binder you do not need to add your hours to this form!